Monday 28 July 2008

Should customer service staff know what they are doing?!

I love talking to customer service representatives using Live Chat - I can think about what I say and record everything that's said to me. I run a few servers in the US, and I have to talk to the company quite a lot.. usually because something is broken and our website is down. The website is my livelihood by the way, so forgive me if I talk fondly about it! Anyway, when someone says "no, you can't do that" it's concrete.. and often I may know they're talking out of their grassholes, but this way I can go back to it again and again..

As for this hosting company, I have to say I've never been so frustrated by people running round not having a clue about what is going in than now... Their name will follow, along with a massive rant and objective breakdown of why they are worthy of naming, shaming and stamping into the ground.

I'm going to let off steam by poking myself in the eye with a blunt fork. Fun

No comments: